Thursday, April 30, 2009

NIKICIO AT WAR

Earlier this month I sung the praises of Nina Nikicio's second line Oneandahalf, having ordered four pieces of her simple but amazingly cut garments. Well, the package arrived this morning in time with my examining her latest releases and deciding upon what else to order. The two dresses, top, and pants that I selected are all incredible - well made, beautiful fabrics (seriously, so soft and perfect for Summer), and they fit rather well (Im only disappointed in one that, because Im not a size 2, is more form fitting and therefor see through where on a narrower frame it wouldve hung loose and shown less. Anyhow, it was wildly ironic that just as I was admiring her latest work, the UPS guy rang my doorbell and delivered the goods. Now knowing that she is all Id hoped and more, Im just waiting for an answer to my followup email about ordering some more pieces.

Her latest collection, Vol. 4, seems to be entitled War. Not only does is deliver just as well, if not better than, Oneandahalf, but it comes complete with a Lookbook to die for - featuring some of the most gorgeous girls Ive seen in awhile, real girls with normal bodies and sunny skin, only making the line that much more alluring. Vol. 4 is described, by Nikicio, as:
Clearly, Nikicio has a clear concept and a keen eye on what shes doing and is easily one of my very favorite designers, as I can see myself in almost everything shes made (even her early mens pieces of Vol. 2 sing unisex androgyny in a way that doesnt eliminate the curvier of those interested in a simpler, sleeker, straighter, silhouette.) Everything she offers feeds into my undying desire to be in and embody the 90s. So good it hurts. Here are some of my favorite shots from both Vol. 3 and Vol.4 by Nina Nikicio:


19 comments:

  1. thanks for this post. they deserve the attention. and THANKS for reminding me, i never placed my order but have had their email starred in my inbox since susie wrote about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so great. I love that her pieces are super well-designed yet affordable basics. Which pieces did you end up getting? I'm with Amanda... I've also been contemplating an order...just haven't yet pulled the trigger. I'm thinking it might soon be go time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Oneandahalf I got that long gray tank dress thats ruched on the side, I got that oversized black pocket tank, the white draped sleeve tank dress, and the black zip pants. The white is pretty sheer and the zip pants are perfect on a curvy frame but it was so inexpensive that I just cant complain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for hot asian/mixed models!

    ReplyDelete
  5. her stuff is gorge .
    she's amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Want/need that purple tank in the first photo!!

    http://www.wreckedstellar.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! i love her so much! couldn't believe you posted about her the same time i just wanted to google her! lol.
    And anyway, why did you label this post as "Indonesia"? that's my country . :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikicio is based out of Indonesia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the clothes from the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these!
    Some truly gorgeous pieces here.
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! That Bebe dress is definitely not trashy. I think it gives just the right amount of peek-a-boo with the mesh inserts! I have a note to myself to try it on again tonight and decide if I'm definitely keeping it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for introducing me to Nikicio. Love her line and I hope to wear her pieces.
    xoxo
    www.lecarteblanche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the styling. The girls look so fab. Digging basically everything that they're wearing.

    xo, Becs
    http://www.stylewithbenefits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow! great looks. i love the androgynous and '80s inspired peices. and he color palate remidns me of la guernica.

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are all such beautiful photos with awesome outfits!
    loveeee the bog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im so glad you posted this-- I found out about her awhile ago surfing on the web; I will def. be ordering 4 pieces from this new line!

    ReplyDelete

Followers