Friday, April 10, 2009

RACKKED AND RUINED

Sat down, yesterday, and just about doubled the blogs I follow, one addition of which was Rackk and Ruin, based out of Vermont, which also boasts an Etsy store. There this blogger makes and sells some really adorably simple necklace that utilize the ever popular bullet shell and feather theme without going overboard. My favorite three pieces are Bullet on a Chain, Shock of Hair, and the Wrapped Wire Pony (all pictured below). The artist statement is:
All Rackk and Ruin Jewelry is conceived, designed and hand-made by me. I started making jewelry this past winter and I just can't get enough of it. . . inspiration for future pieces comes to me all the time, so check back often for new jewelry! I love to utilize recycled materials (leather, zippers, feathers, horse hair from old violin bows. . .etc ) and found objects to create one-of pieces that you won't want to take off. Let me know if you want a custom piece and i'll be happy to work with you. I will also happily ship worldwide so let me know what you want and where you live and i'll set up a shipping price for your location.
All in all (as an aspiring small-scale designer and blogger) Im delighted to have found Rackk and Ruin!



4 comments:

  1. i recently added them to the blogs i follow too. love their pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!! you rock and i'm psyched to start following your blog as well!! xxxx molly

    ReplyDelete

Followers