Sunday, May 17, 2009

STYLE IN THE HOMELAND

Something that has, until now, been left unsaid since my duality between Disposable City and BADLOOKING began is that I am very much Pro-Israel. I do not announce this to start any kind of debate or controversy but rather to declare my utter excitement upon finding The Streets Walker this morning. I spent time in Israel as an eleven and twelve year old and made my return to the homeland this January for a few weeks. As I mentioned on Disposable City, I had an incredible time, an experience that surpassed all others, and fully intend on moving to Israel in the next year or two. Needless to say, while there are phenomenal jewelry designers and an abundance of beautiful people, there are very few places to find alternative designers. In New York City, not only do I work at one of the most prominent boutiques in up-to-date counterfashion, but there are countless others. Thus, I had a bit of a hard time getting any shopping done during my trip. This spawned my interest in not only living there but possibly opening a small store, something like Oak, to bring what I imagine could do very well to a place that doesnt already have it. At any rate, it looks like maybe I just didnt know my way around just yet because The Streets Walker offers photos of some of Israels most stylish - clearly these people have figured out how to work around their distance from European and American shops, and look incredible, nonetheless. Here are my favorite shots of my favorite Israeli outfits:





All Photos by The Streets Walker

There is just something so perfectly casual about every one of these looks. Simultaneously fashion and body conscious but effortless and comfortable and leisurely. Every fashionable New Yorker secretly hopes to run into The Sartorialist on the street, looking their best - I now, not-so-secretly, hope to be on The Streets Walker someday...

13 comments:

  1. there's something about streetstyle from an 'undiscovered city', it feels like a untouched, unspoiled land with plenty of opportunities. Not in the sense that they don't know any better, but more of a exploration in a absolutely interesting manner. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well put. if you do move there, you should definitely work towards opening a store. that would be such a good move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful photographs, i hope that you do one day open a shop of your own!

    xxx,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love israel too, im also a citizen! crazy. beautiful photos, beautiful people, ill shop at your store for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adoring the dude on top row very left! He looks so effortlesly cool in head to to olive green...
    & thanks:)

    x
    karla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what beautiful outfits! I love how laid back but stylish all the looks are. And it would amazing if you could open up a store there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. waow this is really amazing!!!!!! yes open open a store

    xxx

    bonne nuit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing outfits, all of them. My favorite is the girl in the plaid poncho thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely collection of photographs - great blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't believe you just found The Streets Walker!?!? such great images. . . I think it was one of the first street style blogs i happened upon way back when. I would love to travel to Israel; i was always jealous of my Birth Right traveling friends.
    I'm so sad i didn't make it to OAK. . . where is it located?? i'm definitely going to come the next time i'm in the city, which will be soon hopefully. I will want to buy everything though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are great inspiration pics! Love these looks!

    xo, Becs

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that outfit with the ripped jeans :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! Exchange links?

    http://mandpmodelsblog.blogspot.com

    <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Followers