Monday, May 11, 2009

THE THOTH DRESS

I made it mine. Using both my charismatic skills of persuasion as well as the acquaintances (the amazing other Lisa M.) given to me by my amazing job at Oak (which was given to me by the Lisa M.) after a couple of e-mails and the mention of my birthday, I got my Vena Cava and not for $750. Thank God, because I couldnt have afforded that - and I really wanted to gift this piece to myself for making it twenty-one years without fucking up too badly. Yes, it meant an intense hour long journey into the depths of Brooklyn and surprising little neighborhood walk after surfacing from the subway, but it was totally worth it! (I also wrote my first check for this dress.)


Over there, on the right.

11 comments:

  1. its such a beautiful dress!happy for you :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo its wonderful lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! that dress has the funnest yet edgy print. the hard work is obviously well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. even better: its not a print! its little silver pieces all individually sewn on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations :) And wow love the fact that the detailing is sewn on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for getting your dress. It's fab!

    xo, Becs

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous! <3 lucky you and congrats. ;)

    xxx kate @ nikicio

    ReplyDelete

Followers