Sunday, May 10, 2009

TODAY IN THE 90s

It goes without saying - though I do and will, again and again - that I love the 90s and not in an ironic way. I dont think its mildly funny to do throwbacks or whatever Urban Outfitters (as much as I love them, as well) might have you think - I genuinely and undyingly adore everything about 90s fashion and music and culture, as ugly as it may be at times. That being said, I may have outdone myself today, in all my 90s worshiping glory. As usual, Im at work but something about this outfit, and the way it embodies all my personal hopes and dreams about the summer of 2009 (even though today's weather is around the 60s), has put me in a great mood despite the fact that I woke up exactly an hour too early this morning (8:10 as opposed to 9:10). This did, however, allot a good amount of time to make my Happy Mothers Day phone call, another positive mood alter-er. My mother sent me twenty-one Birthday cards, I just hope she doesnt kill me after finding out I am getting another tattoo on Tuesday as commemoration of my last lawfully important birthday - my 21st. At any rate, this is what I have on, complete with a middle part, visible bra straps, and a flannel tied around my waist:

Black Slim Halter Tank by Alexander Wang, Brenda Bag by Alexander Wang, Above 1 Suede Pumps by Acne, Dream Angels Push Up Bra by Victoria's Secret

7 comments:

  1. Hysterical shoes! Love the Wang bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i NEEED the brenda bag, in denim .
    too perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something so comical about these shoes. I wasnt sure at first but I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore the 90s too. i was actually courtney love in her hole/heroin-fueled days for halloween

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all of this and am especially lusting over that bag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those suede pumps are fantastic! And I do love the bag :) Ooh what tattoo are you getting?

    ReplyDelete

Followers