Monday, June 15, 2009

IF YOU CANT BEAT EM, JOIN EM


It took months and months of debate. But we are now a happy family, all three of us.


In other news, Ive been a lousy blogger as of late because all of my good ideas have been going to Oak Williamsburg. Not because I like it better over there (I love all my blogs to same, like little babes) but because Ive been so busy with school and work and school and work that I can think only in Oak. Thus, Id like to send everyone over there for a brief viewing of what both myself as well as Lisa have put up in recent weeks. Im pretty into my explanation of our Alter Ego series:
Several days ago Lisa and I found ourselves contemplating the idea of the "Alter Ego" - Beyonce has Sasha Fierce, Bat For Lashes' Natasha Khan has Pearl and I think its safe to say that every girl has that moment where she spots someone pulling off what perhaps she wasnt given the goods to pull off. The Alter Ego is about forgetting any insecurities, forgetting societal norms, forgetting yourself and just doing, for a moment in time, what feels right but may not be entirely "you". Fashion lets us play with this concept, offering up infinite styles and giving us the choice of what to purchase and what to pass up. Of what we do make our own, we all have pieces that make regular appearances and then we have pieces that only come out on those special days. For me, that piece is my Gareth Pugh Sheer Nylon Dress. Though Im not far gone enough to have a name for my alter ego, its safe to say Id want her to look like this beautiful girl - coy and tall and see through.
But Im pretty awesome for showing off how to accessorize out of a magazine, style like Alexa Chung, fix up a Fug outfit for Summer, and maybe share some Monrow with Mindy Kaling. Over at Oak we are having a friends and family (and faithful Blogger) day this upcoming Thursday where everything is 40% off. Send me an email or call me at the store or just come in - mention this post and say "Hey" to take advantage of the sale! The day after, on Friday, everything goes to 30% as the start of our 30-40-50 Summer Sale. Dont miss out, once its gone, its gone! Hence, my finally nabbing The Jacket. Oh! and come meet our the newest addition to our staff, Angela, featured in the photo just there.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah everybody and their dog has the A. Wang motorcycle jacket. I don't blame them..its freakin amazing.

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you!

    Thanks for the offer on the ksubi sunnies, i went for the other style in the end.

    Unfortunatley that EVIL TWIN skirt never went into production so I can't get you one!

    xj

    ReplyDelete

Followers