Thursday, September 17, 2009

FAVORITE FASHION WEEK PHOTOS

Alliteration!

1. Vena Cava SS 2010
Ive expressed by great admiration for Vena Cava many times on this blog and, opening up fashion week, the girls over there failed to disappoint. The color scheme and polished-DIY-ness and everything down to the nail polish and tribal, beaded necklaces were perfect. Im pretty sure Im going to have to own that red-orange dress come next Spring, its just too beautiful.
Photobucket

2. Braids at Alexander Wang
Been braiding my hair nonstop for the past few months and, though I try, my long and infinitely fine hair refuses to look as spectacular as these models'. It doesnt hurt that they have clip-on pieces and Im using my actual hair which longs to fly out of the plait as soon as the wind hits. Nevertheless, I loved this addition to the runway. Somehow it went perfectly with each of the looks in the collection and though some have spoken out against this collection and others have blindly adored it, I really love the rugby/football look. Especially the stripes and the camel colored leather bags!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3. Models Pre-Fashions Night Out
Im pretty sure this is self-explanitory. As different as I am from these waify women, they (read: mostly) are undeniably good to look at.
Photobucket

4. The Return of Chokers

I mentioned recently that Ive started making jewelry and, consequently, selling the pieces down the street in the East Village but this also means I have been paying extra close attention to other jewelry designs and what looks best in terms of styles and colors and this choker-to-lengthy necklace is spectacular! As a Jewish girl Im not that psyched on the cross, ya know, cos my mom would maybe cry if I wore crosses (though Chris Habana's latest collection really tempted me to break that code of honor), but its not impossible to create something similar with maybe a different set of beads or pendants.
Photobucket

5. Hints of Pendelton Meets Opening Ceremony
No, these skirts/dresses arent Pendelton but I love the air of campy relaxation that they evoke, much like the Pendelton Meets Opening Ceremony collection. Too bad OC only made their skirts in the two weirdest and impossible to dress along with colors. Kills me.
Photobucket

6. The Release of Another Beautiful Maxi Skirt
And I think I like this one better than the first! Is it possible? Apparently so. Id love to have an ensemble like this.
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Vena Cava was def one of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! love vena cava, the maxi skirt, the BRAIDS, & the jewelry. I'm an atheist, personally, so whenever I wear crosses on necklaces, I just take it as personal irony and no one is any the wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this skirt.. i cant wait to get back to my sewing machine in la and make me one. great post. x

    ginamarievintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very big Yeah for the maxi skirt!!!!


    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how beautiful the braids were at Alex Wang...wow.

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, those girls are too beautiful...and so many at once! too much to handle :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wish my hair was long enough to braid like that. even if it was i bet it wouldnt be perfect like it

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING the braids! need to try that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alexa Wang has got women's dresses style down to ea tee, these are top photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this post. Very into the maxi skirt. and those braids. a hit!
    -JB

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely lovely blog




    drinkteabecontent.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the braids and the chokers...but as someone who is 5'2", i can't dig the maxi :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. im only 5'2'' as well and though it may not be the best look for me, the maxi sure looks good on the right girls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore the maxi trend, can't wait for spring to begin.

    thefashionarticles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers