Tuesday, March 2, 2010

POSTIVELY PITBULL


Its now been five months since Ee-mah first came into my life and, as some of you may know, they have easily been the happiest five months of my life. Shes my first dog so, of course, there were some challenges and though she was very well behaved when I first took her in, after buckling down and training her, she is now the best dog Ive ever had the pleasure of knowing. Shes about fourteen months old now and has fully shaken her initial inclination towards small dogs (due to forced breeding when she was only six months old, making her an eight month old mother immediately seperated from her puppies) and has learned impecable manners. Anyone who has met her knows she is endlessly affectionate and beautiful, if I do say so myself. Anyhow, I know this is a fashion blog but spreading the word about pitbulls (thought Ee-mah is technically an American Staffordshire, these two breeds - the American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier are nearly identical. AmStaffs are the Show Pit, just a hair taller, leaner and with a bigger head, if you can even imagine that) and proper dog training has become a major part of my life and I have collected a few inspirational stories about the loyalty and good nature of pitbulls, especially where their strength - something often put in a negative light - has proven to be invaluable.

Stray Pit Saves a Mother and Child from Knife Weilding Attacker

Asshole Breeds Fighters, Commenters Tear Him a New One

Pitbull Breaks Up Domestic Violence Incident

Pitbull Saves Eleven People From a Burning Building

Abused Pit Makes Full Recovery

Cesar Milan's Pitbull Embassador, Daddy Memoriam

Three-Legged Pit Rescued From Fight Ring

Pitbull Hero Cloned in South Korea

Stabbed Pitbull in Rehabilitation

Animal Planet's Pitbulls and Parolees Tia Maria Torres

Cat Starts House Fire, Pitbull Rescues Family

Sports Illustrated's Pitbull Rescue Girl Passes in Car Accident

Pitbull Wakes Family in House Fire


Pitbull Stops Husband from Beating and Abducting Wife

Hopefully at least one of these titles interests you enough to read and open your mind to one of the smartest and strongest breeds out there. I realize it is hard to overlook all of the negative Pitbull press but there are several things to note: a. any dog can be trained as a fighting mechanism, Pitbulls fall victim to this solely because of their physical strength and loyalty as an eager to please breed, b. many smaller dogs are just as vicious as mal-trained Pits but because of their size are overlooked as unruly creatures, c. Pitbulls are number one on lists of Abused Animals, Euthanised Animals, and Animals for Adoption. It is so important to become educated on the evils of human beings that are often mistaken for the evils of animals - not just Pitbulls.

5 comments:

  1. That dog is SO CUTE! Her early life was so sad though, I'm glad she has a good home now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ee-mah is pretty! A few months ago, I was working a fund raiser and a pit bull named Sophia came to meet me, she fell in love with me...I know she would have defended me against anything that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story and she is a beauty.
    I hate Michael Vick with all of my energy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture,
    cute lil pup chew on that punk ass Vick

    ReplyDelete

Followers