Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BIRTHDAY DRESS 2010

Last year, finding my birthday dress was last minute and ended up a complete mad dash to make the Vena Cava Thoth Dress mine - but alas I was successful and the dress was amazing and made for a great story. This year seems to have been a smoother search, something almost fated. Just a day or two ago I stumbled across photos of Australian brand Shakuhachi's amazing cut-out dresses and blogged about them. Then in a more complete search of their wares, I found the perfect birthday dress. It is something special, beyond black, a celebratory color without being crazy, shows the midriff without getting slutty-Birthday, and something I am eager to wear beyond my 22nd. With that, I present to you what I just ordered for myself for what will be a pretty festive celebration of not only my Birthday but my college Graduation as well as my departure from New York City to the Holy Land (yes, its happening, Im off to Israel in the next few months). I think this Shakuhachi dress is the perfect culminatory garment.

3 comments:

  1. wow! love it! vena cava is such a great line.

    its my bday tomorrow too! :)

    xx

    www.bijousstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Outrageous yet really cool dress!

    Also I'm having my first ever giveaway over at my blog! Be sure to check it out; I'd love for you to enter!
    http://caraalynn.blogspot.com
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore cette robe vraiment très élégante.

    Séréna

    ReplyDelete

Followers