Wednesday, April 7, 2010

CARVEN FW 2010

Nudes, Blacks, Midriffs, Mini-Everything, Burnt Orange, Pleats, Knee Highs - its like my wildest dream!

What is Carven? It's a French house supposedly most famous for its perfume Ma Griffe but like I said in my previous post beauty dunce here wouldn't know that at all. Ailing French houses getting a revamp is an all too familiar story but Guillaume Henry seems to have steered it in a slightly different direction, creating directional clothes, but not overly so, that are as Fashionista put it 'Marc by Marc Jacobs' prices (evident by the current collection on NAP). The New York Times likened Carven to Cacharel (another C I talked about for the new tide of fresh injection) in its price point pitching. Which brings us back to the A/W 10-11 collection for which I could realistically be saving pennies for if the prices hover around the £300 mark for a dress, £500-600 for a coat and less for all the other bits and bobs, namely the ruched gloves. By Style Bubble
Whatever Carven may be, no matter where from or who by, I adore this collection. Id wear every look - if
only I could pull each one off - and the color palette is a dream. Even the single model chosen to display
every look is divine. Where can I find these pieces, thats what I want to know.

12 comments:

  1. duuuuude

    that collection is outta control!

    shared/starred/faved on my reader.

    now i must make some money really fucking quick.

    thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowee that's quite a collection, really like the bottom left tweedings

    ReplyDelete
  3. jesus, im loving everything about this collection

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Midriffs and nudes. This is a great collection.

    -xo

    www.morgan-ashley.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this collection, so amazing!! Stunning colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing photos!
    love the dresses..really cute!

    Yaryy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool post!!!!!!!!

    www.thebeautifulandthehard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fell in love with it on the moment the first model went out at the showroom.
    An instant crush.

    look > http://devinezquoi.blogspot.com/2010/03/march-5th-8th-paris.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's a link to the collection:
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Designers/Carven/All

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't believe that one's post can be so fantastic and amazing
    i do really like your blog which i can find my fashion style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. visiting your post and I'm afraid I'll become a woo girl, because your posts are high fashion and amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I am so in love with the babydoll slit dress!

    ReplyDelete

Followers